It's hard to believe that holiday merchandise is already on display and the year is almost over. Each year seems to go by more quickly than the last. But I'm not complaining--this time of year is always fun for any makeup lover and the temptations are plentiful! 
I picked up a few items today from Chanel's holiday collection Nuit Infinie de Chanel. Included are two new, gorgeous Illusion D'Ombres ($36 limited edition): #827 Initiation a sparkly, mid-tone neutral bronze and #837 Fatal a shimmery, mid-tone silvered-plum. I am a fan of Illusion D'Ombres and felt I couldn't pass these two up, as they are the type of neutral shades that I love to wear on a daily basis, but with an extra added sparkle that will make them great for special occasions as well. Initiation seems to be the more sparkly of the two. More thoughts and photos to come, once I've had a chance to play around with them! 
I also purchased Indécise, one of the new Rouge Allure Luminous Intense lipsticks introduced recently in this Fall's Rouge Allure Moiré collection. I was told this shade is being re-promoted as part of the holiday collection. A few of the other items, including the star of the collection, the Ombres Matelassées Eye Shadow Palette in Charming, had not arrived yet.
Below are my quick in-store swatches of just a few items. I'm sorry they don't do these shadows justice but I thought I'd share them anyway in case they are helpful. I loved the look of the liquid liner in Bronze but decided I did not need it (although I sure do want it!). I also have my eye on the limited edition polish, Rouge Rubis, and may go back for it at some point. I was in a rush and didn't have a chance to try it on today, but judging by the bottle it looks like a beautiful, classic bright red.

Illusion D'Ombres Initiation (top) & Fatal (bottom), and  Liquid Graphique Eyeliner in Bronze 

Below is a list of all of the items included in this collection:

  • Ombres Matelassées Eye Shadow Palette Charming - soft beige, metallic beige, bronze khaki, bronze brown and dark matte purple
  • Joues Contraste Powder Blush Accent - pink beige
  • Poudre Universelle Libre (Natural Loose Finish Powder) Moon Light - peach beige
  • Perfection Lumiere Foundation #30 Beige - sandy beige (re-promote)
  • Illusion D’Ombre Eyeshadows: Initiation - platinum bronze, Fatal - silver purple
  • Mascara Gel Irisé Sparkling Top Coat - Platinum Bronze
  • Liquid Graphique Eyeliner - Bronze 
  • Inimitable Intense Mascara - Noir
  • Rouge Allure Luminous Intense Lip Colour: Radieuse - blue pink, Indécise - shimmering pink beige (re-promote), Farouche - shimmering chocolate brown (re-promote)
  • Rouge Allure Velvet: La Précieuse - vivid red, La Désirée - burgundy red
  • Le Vernis Nail Colour Rouge Rubis - vivid red, Accessoire - deep red brown (re-promote)
What do you think of the collection overall? Do you have anything on your wishlist?
 
Top